What factors can affect the range of my bike?Updated 5 months ago
The range that the bike delivers is impacted by numerous variables:
- number of batteries in use (1 battery = 40 miles; 2 batteries = 80 miles)
- extreme temperatures
- weight of the rider
- riding style (aggressive acceleration vs. tempered acceleration)
- time spent riding at the top speed vs. cruising
- with the key in the OFF position, the motorcycle’s electronics will consume a very small amount of power, and a fully charged battery will drain at an extremely slow rate
Due to the high number of variables, accurate real-world testing can be complicated. Using test riders ranging from 75kg to 110kg, we found that:
- Range Mode delivers 40-43 miles per battery,
- Balanced Mode delivers 35-41 miles per battery, and
- Speed Mode delivers 25-35 miles per battery.
Was this article helpful?